Thursday, June 12, 2008

i'll give you the marebear discount


So, apparently this whole moving thing is a lot of work. My gmail box is full of responses to Craig's list posts for pretty much everything in my apartment, including my apartment and details for a new apartment in NYC. So far, I've sold one thing - my gigantic, plush queen size bed to the highest bidder - Mr. Juston Johnson. Despite all of my clever marketing tactics on craig's list the deal went down like this. Yesterday around 2:00pm CST in the dark alley behind Gateway Ventures I randomly saw Juston and mentioned I needed to sell my queen size bed. I offered up my generous deal and he said he'd take it without any further questions. Essentially, I wasted about half of my work day responding to emails mentioning the exact firmness of my mattress, the brand, sending out the above picture (awful picture, sorry Juston) and sold it to Juston in about .2 seconds. Um, best business deal eva! You're probably like, why did you just mention Juston's name 4 times (now 5)? I said I'd do a shout out to him and I am so excited I actually sold one of my precious belongings that I really wanted to go all out. Look forward to the upcoming post where I talk about sharing a twin size bed with E (aka. the twin sis) my first new nights in NYC. Peace out until tomorrow. :)

No comments: