Sunday, July 6, 2008

what up nyc?

Hello! I've finally arrived in that place called New York City. E! and I arrived Wednesday afternoon exhausted and anxious to explore. I am living in the East Village with all of the young, trendy hipsters within blocks of a park, police dept., NYU campus and tons of restaurants and kewl vintage shops. Next time you see me I'll be all trendy and telling everyone to go green. Well, that might be the case if i wasn't working in the financial district. I walked down to the office (took me almost an hour) through Soho of course and thought it was pretty kewl when I got to Wall Street and saw the NY Stock Exchange. Then, E and I realized my office was just one block down in a huge building. I'm up on the 21st floor so I guess we have a pretty good view of the city and of course all of those cute businessmen running around in suits. Other than that I've been running around everywhere getting stuff for the new pad and exploring all of the cute neighborhoods. We went to Soho (obvi) where the shopping was out of this world, Union Square, NYU Campus, Murray Hill and of course Korea Town. In between our meanderings around town I have met some pretty amazing people. I have French and Puerto Rican roommates. One of them arrives on Monday from Paris but her friend Florence stayed here a couple of nights and was super nice and amazingly stylish. I'm assuming she will be the same as she starts at Parson's in the fall. The other roomie, Dami I finally met today. She just graduated from Parson's in fashion design and is currently looking for a job. She gave me the big scoop on Project Runway since they've filmed at Parson's pretty much every year she's been there. Heidi Klum is a diva, Sarah Jessica Parker and Debra Messing were super nice, and all of the students can't stand any of the contestants on the show. All of the assignments are the actual curriculum Parson students have that semester and the drama is all real. She said you haven't seen anything until you've actually gone to Parson's, it's 10X worse than the show. Oh and she's a shawty just like me and a total neat freak so we'll get along quite well. Whew, this is a long post, so much to write. I'll leave you with a few of my favorite and worst moments. Worst - already stepped in dog poop while E laughed at me, wah and excited to see the fireworks at dinner only to have a huge tree block our sight of anything...I could hear them though. Best - Exploring and giggling with E, new apartment, meeting new peeps and my picture in front of a massive billboard of my future bf - david beckham. I'll write ya with the dets on the new job this week. Peace out!!!

3 comments:

lms said...

GOODLUCK ON YOUR FIRST DAY!

Anonymous said...

How were the first couple of days??

Anonymous said...

hiiiii mawee!

we're not at all well without you here. (cough, cough)

love,

phil, dan, val, and casey