Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Errr!

Of course it wouldn't be a move to New York if everything went exactly as planned. The job has gone well and the move was pretty much seamless. Lots of work but nonetheless went off without a hitch. Today was a rather long day at work which forced me to skip out on the symphony at Central Park but good thing because my now former French roomie left a note that she would no longer be living at our place effective end of July. Apparently she had no problem packing up her stuff and decided to leave to move somewhere else with a French friend. My other roomie and I thought this was all pretty rude and especially since she saw absolutely nothing wrong with this. We freaked out for about 5 minutes and then decided to post it up on Craig's list for another search for a new roommate. Of course I embellished and made our place sound like a palace in the East Village. I literally described it as, "ROOM IN BEAUTIFUL EAST VILLAGE APT. AVAIL. IMMEDIATELY". I should have gone into marketing or something. With my writing expertise we posted this at 7:56 and already had someone look at the place at 9:30pm tonight. She also just arrived from Paris so we passed on her. However, we have had quite the array of people that have emailed me. Let me just go thru the list of people we've had thus far. Let me also remind you it's only been 3 hours...the Paris girl aka Nesrine (no more!), Gulfen - a woman with a scholarship from the Turkish government who is meeting up with her husband in the US (um, no thanks!), Uri - a 30 year old recent male Harvard grad (way too smart and stuff), Antonello - an Italian architect and his engineer friend to share the room and want to improve their English skills (ugh, definitely not), Tracy - 30 year old female professional that just moved to the city from Chicago (meh) and alas Odette - 24 year old female working for Marc Jacobs/Bloomingdales and a recent city girl all the way from San Diego (me likey Marc Jacobs). Well, you can probably guess we're interviewing the last one on Monday. I have an "open house" from 2-4 on Sunday just in case. Nonetheless, a very productive evening my friends. I'll keep you posted on the future roomie! Peace out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaha... i was wondering what that text message meant the other night?!! call me this weekend when you can, i am DYING to hear about paintball! :)

miss you love you!

Anonymous said...

Oui,

Do not you pick cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

Bien sur.

Okey dokey.

Madison PHP