Thursday, July 17, 2008

mary's got a...paint gun

Why hello der. Again, I am still alive even after today's "team building" paint ball excursion. I must say I really had no idea what to expect. I got expert advice from the pa and the old boss but I feel like nothing could have really prepared me for this adventure. After eating a chicken salad from Burger King I was all hyped up to get this paint gun show on the road. Of course Enterprise was all out of SUVs so five of us crammed into a Kia Rondo (yay Korean cars!). I was sitting in between two six feet plus guys with very little room all the way to Staten Island (the other five peeps rode in the boss' Mercedes Benz). When we got there it was actually kind of kewl because we had the entire place all to ourselves. Once we got all of the gear on I was having a serious "bad ass moment". I had the protector vest, face mask, belt thingy with extra ammo, paint ball gun in hand and of course my pink and red sneaks. This lasted all of about three seconds until one of our IT guys who is seven feet tall and full of tats appeared with a camo tank and his very own paint gun. The newbies were team captains so I carefully picked all of the athletic peeps to be on my team which clearly was a mistake. A lesson for all of you just because you are in shape does not mean you are good at paint ball. The other team had the "bad ass" guy, a former military guy and a couple of real sharp shooters. Word on the street and Yahoo answers says that paint ball can hurt. Um, this is an understatement. This picture does not show the gigantic bruise that surrounds it. I have three enormous welts on my legs and one on my arm. We lost almost every game which means we do the other team's laundry and buy everyone drinks (good thing the managing partner was on my team) and no skirts for me for at least a week. Despite all of those things I'm going to have to say I had a great time. It truly was a "team building" experience and I ain't too bad of a shooter myself. :) Yay for it almost being Friday!!! Peace out!

5 comments:

lms said...

HOW hilarious are you?! I'm glad to hear it went well, as you were unsure the day before :-)

MISS YOU!

Anonymous said...

Are those really "Asian" legs?

Anonymous said...

Yes, but finish the story...now you are planning to buy your very own BIG F'ng PAINTBALL GUN!

Whooo!

Go girl!

Da Gateway Krew

Anonymous said...

good thing you set up a forum for these sorts of comments or else you would have an interesting time explaining these crazy people to your new bosses when they saw them in your email :) get a new roommate yet?!

Anonymous said...

What exactly does Shawty mean? Does it have something to do with an Asian gang?