Sunday, July 13, 2008

i'm still alive!

Greetings again friends. I've been really slacking this week with the posts but believe you me it's been a rather intense and busy week. My new job is almost exactly like my good ol' Gateway days...(sarcasm inserted here). I just went through a 5 day crash course in computer lingo and training on how to sell computer stuff and services. It was like college all over again studying until the wee hours, getting quizzed on what you learned and even giving presentations already. I also started on the phones trying to get people to buy stuff from me. We have to keep track of every move we make so they can run weekly reports on us to track our progress. There is no time to slack off, no random coffee meetings, no personal phone calls and definitely no 2 hour lunches. However, the people are pretty kewl and everyone seems to really know their stuff. As i suspected a very work hard, play hard environment. Naturally, Friday could not come soon enough. I had a tasty meal with my friend Matt and then planned to go out with Cat on the Upper East Side. I was pretty much delirious from the lack of sleep during the week but decided I'd woman up and go out anyway. It took me nearly 45 minutes to get up there via subway and when I got off I decided to look into my purse for my id...and it wasn't there! This is the second time I've done that this year!!! The last time I was on my way down to Milwaukee with Casey to visit her "cousins" and realized I didn't have it half way down there at Johnson Creek in the middle of a snow storm. We had to turn around and then drive back...3 hours later I was just delighted Casey still considered me her friend and didn't leave me by my lonesome somewhere on 94. This time around I was too tired to go back out so I just went to bed instead. This was a good thing since I went to Long Beach in Long Island all day on Saturday. It was great, you take a train at Penn Station to Long Island, about a 45 minute trip for only $14.00 (round trip). Immediately when i got off the train, my friend and I proceeded to get a whopper jr. meal at Burger King and upgraded to a chocolate shake, the perfect bikini diet. Long Beach was packed with peeps. We didn't realize we had to pay to get on the beach and we barely made it. I had to pay $10 in all crumpled up dollar bills. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and some of the peeps my friend knew there also came well stocked with beer of course. Half of them were Badger alums and still know how to clearly party. Between BK, shotgunning beers and laying out in the amazing weather I felt pretty awesome. We all stayed out until the 7 o'clock train came so naturally we got more food to go and one of the guy's sandals broke so he walked up and down the street looking for a place to buy replacements. The only thing he could find were kid's flip flops for $4 so his feet were hanging off the end of the them...and he decided we needed an 18 pack of beer just for the train ride back. Needless to say he looked rather ridiculous. So, my friends a great first weekend in the city. This week at work we're doing a "team building" activity and paint balling in Staten Island. Let me also remind you the VP of sales is flying in from San Fran and there are only 2 girls and about 10 guys that work in the office. If you have any advice on how I don't get my arse kicked please let me know. Peace out!

No comments: