Sunday, August 17, 2008

BIG news!!!

oh man, what a weekend! first, a big shout out to my sis e on the big engagement. my sissy is getting hitched and guess who gets to be the maid of honor?! MOI! i know the day is really all about her but I had two requests. one, absolutely fab bridesmaids' dresses AND a kick ass wedding party. so, i know it's only been a couple of days but we're thinking a very classic with a modern twist look for the dresses. pale pink classic cocktail dresses with pearls, cocktail rings and fabulous peep toe pumps with a bow or maybe nude pumps to finish off the look. the wedding party could not be more "kick ass". i'm pretty sure that's how they all describe themselves. since we also have a lot of the same friends megs, katie and bri could not be any kewler. actually, two of them were in new york this past weekend and i made e tell them immediately that they were included before i had a couple of cocktails and spilled the beans. so, in case all of you were missing me in the midwest i will be making many more trips to minnesotah in the upcoming year to help plan for the big day. i will also be taking date suggestions. i will be looking for someone preferably tall, dark and handsome with a great job, catholic, conversative and loves his mom. if you live in the new york city area that would be great but would like to move to the midwest in the next 5-10 years that would be even better. oh and all coasties are welcome but i ain't staying out here forever so you're really going to have to start liking the midwest too. lake minnetonka or the terrace aren't quite like the hamptons but they're definitely close...btw, i've never actually been to the hamptons but i'm assuming the terrace is pretty much the same thing. one last reminder, people will ask when we're getting married so just smile, nod and walk away. you really just need to sit there and be eye candy for the hegi/larson clan. to be considered for this honorable position please post your height/weight, annual salary, voting record, and a picture with your mom in the comments section below. thank you and peace out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I read your blog post and am very interested in meeting you. I'm originally from Iowa but moved out to NY after college to work for a financial brokerage firm. I'm now an associate broker at a firm on Wall Street.

I'm 6'1" have brown hair and brown eyes, and weigh about 180. Oh yeah, and I'm voting for John McCain. I'd love to hear more about you...let me know
-Dave

Anonymous said...

Hi Shawty,

My name is Sam, I'm currently residing in NYC, but am from the great state of Minnesota where I intend to return after marrying to settle down on the shores of Lake Minnetonka and have about six children. I currently work in the financial district and spend my weekends at my summer home in the Hamptons.

I'm 26 years old, 6'2'', brown hair, blue eyes, killer smile, and I'd like nothing better than a McCain-Pawlenty ticket. My net salary in 2008 will be somewhere around $750,000.

I'd love to get together for a drink when you're free so we can discuss the wedding (your sister's, we can discuss our wedding soon after the first date). I look forward to hearing from you -

Sam

Anonymous said...

HOLLA SHAWTY!
You seem like a pretty fly gal...I´m Fernando originally from Colombia..do you dig the latin lover..??? I come from a nice Catholic family where yes I spend ever Sunday with my mother. All I can say I am tall dark and handsome with colar pooped up and agyle sweater in hand..I dont make the tripple Gs...but after i finish my residency I will...You heard it right watch out greys anatomy....Let me know if i can give I show you the Latin way ...

Saludos y te espero!
Ilana